January 18, 2013

"Lights will guide you". Liège, le pont Saint-Léonard.


First snow here this winter, I thought it would be time for a panorama picture! This is one of the numerous bridges in Liege (Belgium), this one's the St-Leonard bridge (hence the french title) also called the Maghin bridge (le pont Maghin). That's not the most beautiful bridge of the city but surely is interesting due to the lighting of it. Bridge is crossing the Meuse river.
It was freaking cold outside and it froze my feet and hands but that was definitely worth it! I took three panorama's of this bridge but this one came out the best.

I was not sure exactly at what time they would light the bridge so I went there just a tiny bit before sunset and they switched on the lights 10min after my arrival, good one! As this is the last of the three panoramas I did, the sky here is already dark and polluted by street lamps which gives quite a nice effect though. It also has this cute little blue lit pathway on the right side.
This is a long exposure photo (15 seconds).

Lights will guide you...

Panorama is made out of 5 vertical shots
For each individual shot: ISO 100 - 18mm - f/14 - 15s

No comments: