December 12, 2012

Liege (Belgium) and its beautiful bridge


This is one of the most famous and beautiful bridge in Belgium, it's located in Liege, my native city. The bridge is called "Le pont de Fragnée" in french and I took that shot from a park (le parc de la Boverie) on the water diversions. That was a gray and rainy day and this was just a few minutes before it poured with heavy rain which made it difficult for me as I was right in the middle of making a panorama... Hopefully I had the time to get ready for this shot and the next one.
The bridge was built from 1901 to 1904 for the universal exhibition of 1905 (sources: wikipedia).
The left river is "l'Ourthe" and the right river "la Meuse".

Above image: ISO 200 - 18mm - f/8.0 - 1/40s


And here's another angle/view through two of these metallic sculptures, circles. This is just to the left, before the above bridge built across the water diversions. This smaller bridge is the "pont de Fétinne" in french.
As you may have noticed, I'm standing right in the middle of two rivers.

Left image: ISO 200 - 18mm - f/8.0 - 1/25s

No comments: